Sunday, August 1, 2010

Top 5 Experiences

That great blog idea that I told you about a post or two ago has finally come into fruition. Ok, so you might not think it's that great. But I do, and I right this stuff, and that's all that matters.

I want to post my top 5 concert experiences. I wrote out a list of all the actual shows that I've been, too. Then just started crossing off the list. I won't go into detail, but I will list a particularly spectacular moment that stands out in my memory. I found out something interesting though. My top 5 are also my most recent experiences. At first, I wondered if that was because they were foremost in my mind. But after lots of thought, I determined that no, it's simply because things just keep getting better and better (when it comes to the shows, at least).

5. 311/The Offspring in Atlanta, GA 7/17/2010

Most Memorable Moment: Turning around to see the hundreds of lighters twinkling in the dark across the lawn. With the music all around and that gorgeous sight before me, all I could do was hold this big goofy grin on my face. A close second for the MMM would be hearing several thousand people scream "You stupid dumbshit goddam MOTHERFUCKER."

4. Halestorm/Adelitas Way in Knoxville, TN 7/7/2010

Most Memorable Moment: When Lizzy screamed the high note in "Innocence." The crowd knows it's coming, and you can hear everyone shut up for that split second before in anticipation, then all at once everyone erupts into cheers when she nails it perfectly. It gets me every time. Close second would be when they come out on stage, Lizzy sings the chorus of "It's Not You" solo and really drawn out. It's the perfect setup for what's about to come.

3. Smashing Pumpkins in Knoxville, TN 7/23/2010

Most Memorable Moment: The final lines of "Tonight Tonight." I've loved that song for so long, and there was nothing like hearing you're favorite lyrics live and with hundreds of people singing along: "The indescribable moments of your life/the impossible is possible tonight/Believe in me as I believe in you tonight." Close second is the first time they hit the chorus of "Bullet with Butterfly Wings." You haven't lived until you've jumped up and down, rubbing up against a hundred hot and sweaty people screaming "DESPITE ALL MY RAGE, I AM STILL JUST A RAT IN A CAGE."

2. Three Days Grace/Chevelle/Adelitas Way in Knoxville, TN 4/13/10

Most Memorable Moment: The whole concert. After much thinking, I can't isolate a single moment. But when there are three bands playing, and you're a fan of all three bands, plus you know all the words to every song they play...it just all comes together into one amazing night.

1. Muse in Nashville, TN 3/15/10

Really? Did you think it would be anything else? It was my first time seeing my favorite band. The feeling I had during every song was so intense. That was one night I truly wished would never end. But heeeeyyy...I get to repeat the experience this October! I can't wait!!

So that's that. As I keep going to shows, I'll update it if anything changes. The upcoming 10 Years show could be a very promising contender for the Top 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment