Thursday, July 29, 2010

New Date!

I'm adding another date to this year's concert marathon! I was just thinking that I really hoped that 10 Years would come around to Knoxville again. I saw them once in March of 2009. They came back around on December 27th, but it was just bad timing. I was home for the holidays, and that would have put me in a rush to get back up here for the show. Then they came around for the Carnival of Madness on July 23rd. I missed that one because 1) the Smashing Pumpkins were here the same night, and 2) 10 Years and Chevelle were the only bands I cared about at that show, and they were the first two playing.

The Valarium is the most active venue here. It's small, standing room only. There's not a bad place to be in the house. Some bigger acts come through and play the larger venues from time to time, but the Valarium definitely sees the most action. There I've seen 10 Years, Chevelle, Tantric, Theory of a Deadman, Halestorm, and the Smashing Pumpkins, all as headliners. Several other bands have come through there in the past year that I've missed (Hollywood Undead, 311, Silversun Pickups, Cage the Elephant, AFI, The Used, just to name a few...). Seeing as how their stage is so busy, I check the website frequently to see if anyone new has been added.

I already have a ticket to see the Sick Puppies and Janus there in a couple of weeks. The Deftones are coming in September, and I haven't made up my mind about going to that one yet. But I popped in yesterday to see if anything had changed and hellloooo...There was a new date right before the Deftones show. 10 Years!! They're coming back through again! And I was just thinking about how I wanted to see them again!

Tickets go on sale tomorrow, and I get paid tomorrow. So guess who'll be buying a ticket? I already can't wait. They put on such a great show! Their new album comes out on August 31. The show is September 3rd. That means I'll only have a few days to familiarize myself with the new songs they'll be playing. This is exciting!

Anywho, sorry that I rambled for so long. Basically, all I have to say tonight is I'm buying a ticket to see 10 Years again.

I've got an idea for another post, but it will require some thinking.


No comments:

Post a Comment