Thursday, July 8, 2010

My Library IX - New vs. Old

Belatedly, the next installment of my series.

Dear Agony by Breaking Benjamin (2009)

I'm quite impressed with this album. I've never been a big fan of Breaking Benjamin. I do like heavier rock music just fine. I'm just prone to more melodic sounds, and they've never really explored that outlet. Until now, that is. I've been hit or miss with the tracks from their first three albums, but I'm definitely into this one. I'm not utterly enthused with each song on here, but the majority of the album appeals to me.

In addition to harder rock that's similar to their earlier music, this album is also ballad-heavy. I like and don't like this at the same time. Ballads are nice, but too many can slow an album down. That being said, I still immensely enjoy this album. I think this is a rare example of when I prefer a band's latest work to their earlier work. Not very common for me.

I give this one a 4.5/5 on my scale.


No comments:

Post a Comment