Saturday, July 3, 2010

My Library VIII - We Really Do Have Some Remnant of Punk

Hmm...the frequency of these posts has already began to slow down (something about that verb tense bothers me. I don't think I executed it correctly...). Perhaps my own little wager at 12 will be correct...

Enema of the State by blink-182 (1999)

I think this is one of those albums that everyone has. At the turn of the millenium, these guys were what's hot. I think everyone knows the song "All the Small Things." There were a lot of other great things happening on this album. Most of the songs on this album retain some essence of punk, such as the fast tempos and upbeat lyrics. This is an album that I can't really take seriously. It's one of my "fun" albums. Plus, I kinda like the fact that they use two singers that alternate lead duties. Sometimes I think more bands should do that.

I give Enema of the State a 3.0/5. I like it, have fun with it, but I don't love it.



1 comment: