Thursday, August 19, 2010

Ep. 8: Kim Loves Linkin Park

Linkin Park

Stats
Formed: 1996
Albums: 3 (#4 coming out in less than a month!)
Breakout Single: "One Step Closer," 2000
Seen live? No... :(

This one might be a little cliche...but I have to admit that I love Linkin Park. I remember the first time I heard "In the End." I thought it was the coolest thing ever. Plus, since I didn't listen to the radio very much, I didn't get it worn into the ground like the rest of the world did. Let's face it, I still think it's a pretty freakin' awesome song.

Again, we have another band that is heading in a different creative direction with their newer albums. Many fans of Hybrid Theory and Meteora have been losing interest with the newer releases. Me, I say bring it on. I like a wide range of music, which means that the new sound is still within the parameters of my tastes. Therefore...I still love it.

In fact...today's song is from their third album, Minutes to Midnight. I fell in love with this song the very first time I heard it. There's just something about the chorus...Anywho, fourth album, A Thousand Suns, is out September 14th! New single, "The Catalyst." Check it out!

Here's "Leave Out All the Rest."

2 comments: