Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Ep. 7: Kim Loves Incubus

Incubus

Stats
Formed: 1991
Albums: 6
Breakout Single: "Pardon Me," 1999
Seen live? Not yet...

Incubus is a band that I haven't fully discovered yet, but everything so far gets them a spot firmly on the favorites list. I'm really excited about delving into them more and seeing what I find. They can crank up the guitars a little bit when they want to, but they have this laid back sound. They're especially good to listen to in the summer. Hearing them, I want to sit on my little patio with a beer in hand, and just....relaaaaaax.

I've heard that they are great live. I haven't seen them yet, but they are working on album #7, which means when they get it out, they'll be on tour. I'll hit'em up then.

The song today is the first song I heard by them, and I was hooked from the first time I heard it. It's "Talk Shows on Mute" from their fifth album. And don't ask me what rock I was living under that THAT was the first Incubus song I laid ears on. I wasn't always as musically conscious as I am now. Here's a bit of trivia for ya...the chorus is:
Come
One
Come
All
Into
Nineteen
Eighty-four

......Do you see?





No comments:

Post a Comment