Monday, August 16, 2010

Ep. 5: Kim Loves Flyleaf

I'm having fun with this series. Sorry if it's boring you!

Flyleaf

Stats
Genre: post-grunge nu-metal, but lately it's been a little softer
Formed: 2000
Albums: 2
Breakout Single: "I'm So Sick," 2005
Seen live? Yep.

The genre here is a little more difficult to nail down. Their first album was mostly post-grunge nu-metal, but their second album was just a tiny bit softer, and Lacey cut out the screaming for Memento Mori. I don't really blame her...she's great at it, but it's hell on the vocal cords. Just days after I saw them live, they had to cancel 5 tour dates because she lost her voice. It happens.

They're a relatively young band, with their second album making it out just last November, but I love every song they've churned out so far (OK, except for this one on Memento Mori that I'm having a hard time getting into), which gets them on my favorites list. I still haven't quite decided if I want to see them or 30 Seconds to Mars...

I had a hard time choosing a song to post on here. It was between three, but...I think I'll be going with "So I Thought" from the first album. It's a beautiful ballad, and I love the harmonies at the end.



No comments:

Post a Comment