Friday, August 6, 2010

Oh, the possibilities...

Knoxville's getting some serious action. If you've been reading, then you'll know that I'm going to see the Sick Puppies and Janus this Monday (can't wait! Plus, I found someone to go with me!). I have a ticket to see 10 Years on September 3rd. Then of course, there's my Muse ticket for October 26th (though that one is all the way in Raleigh). But check out the upcoming announced shows for K-town:

September 7th: Deftones (considering that one)

September 13th: Cavo with American Bang (free show! I'm there!)

September 19th: As I Lay Dying w/ All That Remains (not really my style)

September 22nd: Nonpoint (not really my style either)

September 30th: Slayer w/ Megadeth and Anthrax (Again, not my thing, but I think that's pretty cool)

October 26th: 311 (same night as the Muse concert...)

November 9th: Social Distortion


I think that's pretty sweet. The Deftones show is up in the air, I'm definitely going to Cavo. The others...I probably won't hit. I would if I had disposable income, but come on...who the hell has disposable income these days? I would LOVE to go to the 311 show, but seeing as how it's the same night as Muse...oh well! Muse always wins! Besides, I've seen 311 before, and I'm sure the experience was probably better in a huge amphitheater than in the antique-y Tennessee Theater anyway.

September looks pretty busy, and I'm sure that October will fill in as it approaches. So far, 2010 has turned out to be a pretty good year for concerts! What will 2011 hold in store?

2 comments:

  1. Deftones would be cool. I really like Cavo. I only know one American Bang song, but I like it. I don't know As I Lay Dying, but I LOVE All That Remains. And Nonpoint totally rocks, too. Those would be the two I would go to first--ATR and Nonpoint. Well, other than the Sick Puppies one. That one's a given.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really wish you lived closer. We could go to more shows together.

    ReplyDelete