Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Ep. 6: Kim Loves Hoobastank

I can't believe it, Episode 6 already. I hope I can keep up this pace.

Hoobastank

Stats
Genre: I give up on classifying genre. It's all various shades of alternative rock. There.
Formed: 1994
Albums: 4
Breakout Single: "Crawling in the Dark," 2001
Seen live? Nope

Yeah, I'm gonna nix trying to classify a genre for all of these bands. Most bands shift a bit as they progress, plus many play around in a few different genres anyway. There's no one on this list that isn't some form of alternative rock.

Hoobastank started out their career kinda hot and heavy, but lately, they've lightened up. Their lyrics have always been very emotional, which you can bash if you want, but sometimes, it just hits the spot. Many fans prefer the days when the 'stank had some edge, but I think my favorite album is actually their third, Every Man for Himself. It's just...nice. :) Sorry, but sometimes it's just hard to describe the emotions we get from music.

Here's one of my favorites from the aforementioned third album. It's one of the rockier songs present on the track list. I think this song is funny. So many of the songs on that album have these motivational lyrics, with themes like "be yourself" and "always move forward." Then you have this song...and it's theme is..."I WANT TO PUT MY HOO-HOO DILLY IN YOUR CHA CHA." Here's "Inside of You."



2 comments:

  1. I don't know which album it is, but I like the one that's got Same Direction and Running Away on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Running Away is on their first album, and Same Direction is on the second.

    ReplyDelete