Friday, August 13, 2010

Thinking Out Loud

The addict is at it again. Soon, I'll have a $200 check coming from my apartment complex. So naturally, I want to buy a concert ticket. I can buy one or two and still have plenty of money left over for "more important" stuff like gas and groceries.

But what do I go to? I have a ticket to see 10 Years on September 3rd, right here in Knox Vegas (that one was less than $20). Cavo's doing a free show at the same venue on September 13th (free? I'd be crazy to pass that up!). Then of course, I'm in for the long haul with Muse, all the way in Raleigh in late October.

Here are my choices:

Coheed and Cambria 8/21/10 in Asheville or 8/22/10 in Nashville. Asheville is closer, but the Nashville show is a little cheaper. I love these guys, but those shows are only about a week away. That's not a lot of notice. Plus, as much as I love CoCa, I don't know if they'll win against some of the other choices...

Paramore 8/21/10 in Nashville or 9/1/10 in Atlanta. Both cities are about the same distance away, but the Atlanta show is more expensive. There's still the issue of the August date being so close, so that might eliminate the Nashville show. Then again, the September date is just 2 days before the 10 Years show. Hmmm...

Deftones 9/7/10 in Knoxville. I'm not a hardcore Deftones fan, but they have the bonus of playing here in town. I'd save money in gas, but I wouldn't be seeing one of my top bands. But who knows, I could see them and they could jump up the list of faves?

Flyleaf 9/18/10 in Atlanta or 9/20/10 in Nashville. Nashville show is cheaper. I've seen Flyleaf live, but I didn't get to see them "right." I was with a friend who only wanted to stand in the back, away from the crowd, and listen. Annnndd...I like to get up close and personal at shows... And I love Flyleaf. This one's a major possibility, especially since tix are only $21 (in Nashville).

30 Seconds to Mars 10/11/10 in Louisville or 10/12/10 in Nashville. Nashville is about an hour closer, but the tickets for Nashville haven't gone on sale yet, so I don't know how much. Louisville is $25. I love these guys, too.

Actually...just writing all that out helps me narrow things down a little farther. I love CoCa, but it's bad timing. I would love to see Paramore, but that might be a little too much action in one 2 week period. That would be brutal on my bank account. Deftones will in town. Of course, I should go to that. There's one. Then it's down to Flyleaf or 30StM. I'll have over $200 saved up specifically for the Muse trip, plus whatever's in my account. But will 30StM be too close to that time for me to recover my bank account... Flyleaf will allow more time to recover, but it comes on the coattails of a concert marathon that could hurt my moneys...

Ok, so Deftones for convenience and then either Flyleaf or 30StM. I've seen Flyleaf already, though I've never seen 30StM. I take $200 check, but tix, then stash the rest for more padding to get me through September concert marathon. What the hell else am I going to spend it on? Any thoughts?

4 comments:

  1. Why are you getting $ back from the apartment?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and BTW, I'd hands-down go with 30stm. No contest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I referred a friend. They cut you a check for $200 when you do that. I filled out the form sometime in July, and they said that everything would go through sometime in August. So I'll have a $200 check soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And before you ask...

    Yes, I'm sure it's not just $200 off of rent. They give you an actual check for the amount. I asked.

    ReplyDelete