Wednesday, March 10, 2010

On the Rocks

Last January, I started a series of mixes. I called it On the Rocks. I make a new one every few months. A little something about me, is that I check the Billboards. I really only care about the rock charts, and I can't justify subscribing to the Billboard for just that. I really wish they offered various subscriptions. Like, you could subscribe to specific charts. But noooo, you have to subscribe to the whole damn thing. So why would I wish I could subscribe when it's posted online? Only some of it is actually available on the website. I can only access 1-20 of the Alternative Rock chart and 1-25 on the Rock Songs chart. For whatever reasons, they completely removed online access for non-subscribers to the Mainstream Rock chart.

Anyway, my point is that I check the Billboards every week and see what's new. Plus I listen to the local rock station. And that's where I get the material for my On the Rocks mixes. It's a collection of the newest rock songs that I've heard and liked. So every few months, as soon as I've got another CD's worth of new songs, I make a new one. I'm up to On the Rocks V now.

Anyways, here's the tracklist for the first installment, and I believe I made it in January 2009. While I like all of these songs, there's definitely some I have more love for than others.

1. Apocalyptica featuring Adam Gontier - "I Don't Care"

I LOVE this song. I like the original version better than the one released as the single in the U.S., and that's the version I put on here.

2. Blue October - "Dirt Room"

3. Disturbed - "Indestructible"

4. Hollywood Undead - "Undead"

5. 10 Years - "Beautiful"

This is the oldest song on the mix, I think. But I really love it, so I put it on anyway.

6. Kings of Leon - "Sex on Fire"

7. The Offspring - "Kristy, Are You Doing OK?"

That song is so pretty...

8. Incubus - "Love Hurts"

9. Nickelback - "Gotta Be Somebody"

The sap in me really loves that song.

10. Anberlin - "Feel Good Drag"

Love, love, LOVE that one!

11. Saving Abel - "Addicted"

12. The Killers - "Human"

I think I'm really liking The Killers' new style.

13. Paramore - "Decode"

I have a major weakness for Paramore.

14. The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus - "You Better Pray"

15. Seether - "Breakdown"

16. The Airborne Toxic Event - "Sometime Around Midnight"

I love how the layers get added throughout that song.

17. The Killers - "Spaceman"

18. Hoobastank - "My Turn"

This song should probably have not been the first single from their new album...

19. The Offspring - "You're Gonna Go Far, Kid"

That's another one of my favorites.

20. Theory of a Deadman - "Hate My Life"

I sing that one to myself a lot while I'm at work. It fits.

So there's that one! Tomorrow night, I'll post what's on On the Rocks II.

You didn't think I wouldn't leave you a song, did you? Of course not! This is my favorite song from this mix, and this is the original version that I used.


No comments:

Post a Comment