Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Love Your Life

I have a lot of mixes. So I thought I would introduce you to another one. Most of the ones that I have now have been made in the past 3 years, with a HUGE explosion in 2009. This one is my feel good mix. Most of the songs are really laid back, or just make me happy for one reason or another. :) I called it Love Your Life (except I drew a little heart instead of write "love."
1. Maroon 5 - "Sunday Morning"

This song reminds me of a gorgeous, sunny day that's not too hot, not too cold. Dunno why, but it puts me in a really good place.

2. Silverchair - "Straight Lines"

If you've only heard the Silverchair was so popular in the mid-90s, this is going to sound very different. This is from their 2007 album Young Modern.

3. Muse - "Feeling Good"

My favorite cover of this song.

4. No Doubt - "Hella Good"

Yeah, I have some songs that pop up on 2 or 3 mixes. This is one of them.

5. Alanis Morissette - U R

The guitar in this one is kinda...islandy...Official word, yes.

6. Panic at the Disco - "The only difference between martyrdom and suicide is press coverage"

Unlike the other songs, the lyrics in this one don't really contribute to the feel-good vibes I get from it. I think it's a combination of the beat, melody, and Brendon Urie's voice...

7. Modest Mouse - "Float On"

I didn't like this song when I first heard it. I think it only took a month of it playing on Fuse to fall in love with it.

8. Radiohead - "No Surprises"

Ok, so the song's about suicide. But it's happiest-sounding suicide song ever written!

9. The Killers - "Mr. Brightside"

A song about jealousy, but a HAPPY song about jealousy. I loved how the video was modeled from Moulin Rouge, too.

10. Silverchair - "Luv Your Life"

From their 4th album, Diorama. This song is soooooo relaxing.

11. Hoobastank - "Moving Forward"

Hoobastank's Every Man for Himself had some of the most positive lyrics ever.

12. Avril Lavigne - "Girlfriend"

HA! Completely shameless! This songs causes dancing to happen behind the wheel of my truck.

13. Smashing Pumpkins - "Today"

Yeah...so this song's also about suicide...but the music is just so damn happy...

14. All-American Rejects - "Gives You Hell"

Who doesn't feel good about a song wishing hell on someone who sucks?

15. Jimmy Eat World - "The Middle"

Best. Feel-good. Song. Ever.

16. Weezer - "Island in the Sun"

This song has by-far the cutest video ever. Weezer playing with baby animals. Yeah. THAT cute.

17. Dashboard Confessional - "Vindicated"

This song is a double whammy. It was playing on Fuse all the time during my favorite summer ever, and Dashboard Confessional was the first band I ever saw live. That night was awesome!

18. Paramore - "Hallelujah"

I love to sing along with Hayley Williams.

19. Black Eyed Peas - "Where Is the Love?"

Best beat ever. I think this album marked the end of the Black Eyed Peas making meaningful music.

20. Jet - "Are You Gonna Be My Girl?"

:D

And that's my happy album! :D This mix never fails to cheer me up.

For the vid today, I'm gonna advertise a new release. The Gorillaz hit with their 3rd album this week. Their new single's not doing so well so far, but I like it. It's a little different, but it still rubs me the right way.


No comments:

Post a Comment