Thursday, March 11, 2010

On the Rocks II

So, I've discovered a new source of new music. Actually, it's more like I've started utilizing an old source that I had forgotten about. Somewhere around a year ago, I stumbled upon a link to FMQB's newly added songs. I bookmarked it and completely forgot about it. I randomly remembered it when I sat down tonight to start working on a track list for the soon-to-be-made On the Rocks VI (is it sad that this is what I do with my free time? And that I REALLY enjoy doing it??). Why is this site not on my top-visited? I think it will be now. I listened to every song they have on there. Didn't like them all, but I discovered quite a few that I think I might never have heard of otherwise that I really love. I'm super excited about this.

Anyway, as promised, here's the track list to On the Rocks II! :) Again, some of the songs on here I just liked enough to put on the mix. I don't love all of them.

1. Cage the Elephant - "Ain't No Rest for the Wicked"

They've come to Knoxville twice in the past several months, and I've had to miss them both times. Much sadness.

2. Depeche Mode - "Wrong"

3. Green Day - "Know Your Enemy"

I really miss the Dookie days.

4. Pop Evil - "100 in a 55"

5. Hollywood Undead - "Young"

I like this song wayyyy more than "Undead."

6. 311 - "Hey You"

7. Metallica - "Cyanide"

8. Incubus - "Black Heart Inertia"

9. Slipknot - "Dead Memories"

10. Rise Against - "Audience of One"

11. Mudvayne - "Do What You Do"

12. Papa Roach - "Lifeline"

I think that's my favorite song on this mix.

13. 10 Years - "Actions & Motives"

14. Kings of Leon - "Use Somebody"

15. Pearl Jam - "Brother"

16. Drowning Pool - "37 Stitches"

17. Seether - "Careless Whisper"

18. Disturbed - "The Night"

19. Shinedown - "Second Chance"

I'm really not as excited about this mix as I am the rest of the series. Most of these songs, I'm only lukewarm on. I'm not entirely sure why I went ahead and made it and didn't wait for more songs to come out. There's only about 7 or 8 songs on there that really get me going.

The song I'll leave you with tonight has nothing at all to do with the topic of this post. I just really love this song (and this band) and thought I'd share it with you. :) Oh, and this band is probably the king of concept albums. If you have the time (and the want-to), look it up sometime!


No comments:

Post a Comment