Friday, March 12, 2010

On the Rocks III

Continuing my little series...

I made parts III and IV at the same time. It breaks the rules a little bit. I included older songs, too. I had been listening to the radio a lot when I made these, and it made me realize that there were a lot of great songs that would fit into the sound of this series, but not the timeline. And I didn't quite have half of each, so I wouldn't have been able to split it into one CD of older songs, and one of the newer. So...I thought, Hey! It's my series! I can break the rules if I want! So here's OtR3!

1. Trapt - "Contagious"

That song didn't fare well in popularity, and the local station doesn't play it anymore, but I really like it.

2. Staind - "Everything Changes"

I've actually never heard this one on the radio, but I discovered it trying to find another Staind song. Being from 2006, it's one of the rulebreakers.

3. Finger Eleven - "Paralyzer"

Apparently, this song was pretty big. I was living in a musical vacuum at the time though, and I missed it. Buuuut, I'm back on track now.

4. Foo Fighters - "Best of You"

See explanation above. Heh.

5. Silversun Pickups - "Panic Switch"

Gonna see them this Monday! They're opening for Muse!

6. Chevelle - "Jars"

About to see them for the second time in April! Love this band!

7. 311 - "It's Alright"

8. Nickelback - "Burn It to the Ground"

9. Seether - "Driven Under"

10. Fireflight - "Unbreakable"

I have a thing for bands with female lead singers. Maybe because their songs are easier to sing along with?

11. Godsmack - "Whiskey Hangover"

I'm only lukewarm on that song.

12. Kings of Leon - "Notion"

13. Hollywood Undead - "Everywhere I Go"

14. Pearl Jam - "The Fixer"

15. Three Days Grace - "Riot"

16. Green Days - "21 Guns"

That is probably the only song in the whole series that I actually regret putting onto a mix. The more I hear it, the more I don't like it.

17. Shinedown - "Sound of Madness"

Lukewarm here, too.

18. Santana featuring Chad Kroeger - "Into the Night"

Definitely the poppy side of rock, but I have to admit to liking this song...

19. Framing Hanley - "Lollipop"

20. Lacuna Coil - "Spellbound"

21. hed(PE) - "Renegade"

So that's the third mix in the series. I really like that one. Except for "21 Guns." Seriously, what was I thinking?

The video for today is a gorgeous song that I'm hooked on. I've already seen Chevelle once, and I'm super excited to be seeing them again in April! So I thought I would share this song from their album This Type of Thinking (Could Do Us In).

No comments:

Post a Comment