Saturday, June 5, 2010

Kim Loves Live Music

So, my ticket to see Muse is en route, and I also officially bought a ticket to see Halestorm. Super-stoked about both. In case you haven't noticed, I love live music. I wish I could just drop everything and chase bands, even just throughout the region. Knoxville really is a pretty good location. We get some pretty decent shows here. Then, roughly three hours away in each direction, we have Atlanta, Nashville, Lexington, Louisville, and Asheville, all of which get some great shows. I would love to see every band that passes through that I even remotely like, and I would love to check out other acts that I haven't heard of. What stops me? Work and money. I don't make enough dough to go flitting about the region, and requesting the night off for those shows makes things even tighter. That just means I'll have to squeeze in everything I possibly can, right?

I went to a show Thursday. A free one! Blues Traveler, right here in Knoxville! It wasn't the most enjoyable experience though. Imagine all of Knoxville packed into one square downtown. There was absolutely no room to breathe, much less move. Don't get me wrong, I love being in the action, and I'll let my bubble get a little violated for a little rock action, but this was ridiculous. But still, now I've seen Blues Traveler, albeit not in the most ideal situation. They did an awesome cover of "Creep."

In other news, I've been investigating, trying to find other shows that I can go to. Here are some that I am really interested in:

June 24 - Psychostick in Cookeville, TN

July 17 - The Offspring & 311 in Atlanta, GA

July 23 - Shinedown, Sevendust, Puddle of Mudd, Chevelle, & 10 Years in Knoxville, TN

August 9 - Sick Puppies & Janus in Knoxville, TN

November 7 - 30 Seconds to Mars in Charlotte, NC

Realistically...Psychostick could totally happen. Tickets are only $10. Sick Puppies will definitely happen. Probably won't go to the Carnival of Madness on July 23rd. I love Chevelle and 10 Years, but I don't really have an interest in seeing the others. Plus, I've seen both of those bands before, and I've never seen either The Offspring or 311, so if I go to anything, I'll go for that one.

And let the record show, that I would kill to go to Bonnaroo or the Forecastle Festival, both of which have freakin' awesome lineups this year. Doing the whole music festival thing is on my list of things to do before I die. My bucket list, if you will. Someday...

No video today. I know, I know, but I just don't feel like it. Catch ya next time.

2 comments:

  1. I know! That's why I really wanna go. I think it's gonna happen. I have friends that are really into hardcore, and they're interested in going.

    ReplyDelete