Thursday, June 24, 2010

My Library III - SCREEAAAMMMOOOOO

Damn, I'm on a roll with these posts! Anywho, next up...

A Beautiful Lie by 30 Seconds to Mars (2005)

I don't think I would exactly call myself a fan of emo/screamo in general, but I certainly do have a soft spot for this band. You know me. Good guitars + memorable melodies = good tunes. Plus, I can handle a little screaming here and there. That being said though...I was a tiny bit disappointed by this album. Before I purchased it, I had only heard the four singles, and I loved every single one of them (especially "The Kill" and "From Yesterday"). I don't dislike the remaining tracks. I just don't think they sound as special. There are a few other songs that I really like, though they don't quite have the power of the singles. Overall, I enjoy this album though (despite the dreaded hidden track).

I give this one a 4.0/5 on the Kim Scale.


No comments:

Post a Comment