Monday, June 28, 2010

My Library VI - We're Punk, But Not Punk, K?

After I finish this blog, I'm gonna tinker with the layout a bit. We'll see how that goes...

Let's Build Something to Break by After Midnight Project (2009)

There's nothing that I outright dislike here, but I think AMP has some growing to do, musically. It's just a little...static. About half of the songs seem to blur into each other, and then the ones that have a little more substance to them are just different takes on the same idea. It works for me, but I'm eager to see if they can pick up the pace a little in the future. Sorry for being redundant, but I'll remind you that I happen to enjoy catchy melodies, and there's plenty of that here. Overall, I enjoy the album. Oh, and as for my not-so-clever title, that refers to the fact that AMP has been on the Warped Tour for the past couple of years. Warped Tour used to be really punk, but now it's adopted a more...poppy punk image...and while it's difficult to nail down genre these days, I don't hear much of any of today's punk styles in AMP...

Giving it a 4.0/5 on my scale.


No comments:

Post a Comment