Saturday, June 26, 2010

My Library V - Can I At Least Get a Little Cheese On This, Please?

Adelitas Way by Adelitas Way (2009)

Oh, the mixed feelings I have here. I do like it, but I enjoy this album way more than I should. I blame the live shows. The first time I saw these guys, they had just been signed and hadn't even released the first single off of their soon-to-be-released first album. So, I kinda feel like I've watched them grow up. They have really energetic live shows, and I've always said that live is the best spice. I don't think I would feel the same about this band or their music if I had just heard them on the radio. But I've seen them four times (fifth coming up on July 7th). It's not that the music is bad. It just sounds like anything else out there. There's not really anything about Adelitas Way that stands out amongst their peers. They could use a little cheese. But look, I knock'em, but I'm about to give this album a good score. Again, because these aren't reviews, just my opinions on my library, and everything being said, I still like this album. It gives me good, happy feelings and reminds me of all the times I've seen them live.

This one gets a 4.5/5 on the Kim Scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment