Friday, June 25, 2010

My Library IV - Nothin Like Summer

Before I jump into today's entry in the series...

I sleep with the radio on. After I woke up this "morning" (Ok, so it was more like noon...), I was just laying in bed, delaying the moment when I actually I had to get up, when I heard something muy interesante on the radio: "The Smashing Pumpkins are BACK, ladies and gentlemen, and they're gonna be HERE at the Valarium on..." I didn't even hear the rest of the sentence because that was all it took for me to leap out of bed and run to my computer. Sure enough, there it was. I had just been to the Valarium's website maybe a week ago, and that concert sure as hell wasn't listed then. This a new development, and the tickets went on sale today at noon. I checked the balance in my bank account and ordered myself a ticket. Yes, I know that Billy Corgan is all that remains of the original Pumpkins, but this concert is still gonna be sweeeeet.

Anywho, on with the show!


Uplifter by 311 (2009)

Would I define myself as a 311 fan...not particularly. That doesn't mean that I don't like them. I just don't love them and don't really listen to them very much. Just a song here and there. But I really fell in love with their singles for this album, especially "It's Alright." So I went ahead and picked up Uplifter. I'm definitely satisfied with the purchase. I don't dislike any of the songs, though I can't really get into about half of the album. I will say this, though. This album is perfect for summertime: in your car, windows down, bright sunny skies...I'm going to see them in July. It's an amphitheater show, and I think they'll be perfect for it.

I give this one a 3.5/5 on the Kim Scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment