Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Three Days Grace, Chevelle, and Adelitas Way

So, caught another show last night. I had a great time! It was right here in Knoxville, but at a venue that I had never been too before (for a concert, anyway). It was a larger venue, which ended up being a little disappointing. Why, you ask? Because of the crowd, or lack of. I expected with huge names like Three Days Grace and Chevelle performing that the Coliseum would have been sold out. Instead, it was probably half empty. What gives, Knoxville? I was very disappointed.

You would think that at least the people who were there would be big fans who would really get into the show. But for Adelitas Way and Chevelle, the crowd was pretty dead. Before their last song, Pete Loeffler (lead singer/guitarist for Chevelle) called out the folks in the seating (most of the tickets were floor tickets, but there were quite a few in the stands): "Thanks, you guys up there. You've done a great job of sitting down."

Now, to break down each band. Adelitas Way was up first. This was my fourth time seeing them live. Musically, they were just as good as ever. Vocally...eh. But I mean, I completely understand. They've been touring practically nonstop for at least a year. That is not kind to vocal cords. So, I can't possibly complain if the lead singer was having a weaker night.

When Chevelle hit the stage, I thought the crowd would wake up a bit more for them. Oh, well. I really think Pete was having some vocal issues, too. I've seen Chevelle before, and he was much better the last time. Again, I can't complain. It was still a solid show, and he definitely made the most of what cords he had left. They played some great songs and even threw in a nice surprise ("An Evening with El Diablo"). I was pleased.

The lead singer of Three Days Grace, Adam Gontier, really knew how to pick the crowd up and get us going. It was pretty awesome. He talked to us, interacted with us. Despite the poor turn-out, it was pretty lively in the arena last night when they took to the stage. Also, they had....FIRE!! I like fire. Haha. That was the first show I've ever been to that actually had fire happening. Anyway, the music, the lights, the energy...it was an amazing show. Not Muse amazing, but still amazing. I think it actually made it to the number 2 spot on the list of "Best Shows I've Seen."

Today's song is "Lost in You" by Three Days Grace. It's from their new album Life Starts Now, and they played it as one of their encores last night. I love it. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment