Sunday, April 18, 2010

Life Starts Now and This Type of Thinking

So to all my curious readers, I opted for Dear Agony by Breaking Benjamin. Should be on its way to my mailbox soon enough.

Thanks to the concert I attended earlier in the week, I've been doing a lot of listening lately. I've worked my way through Life Starts Now by Three Days Grace and This Type of Thinking (Could Do Us In) by Chevelle several times now, and let me say that I'm very pleased. So here's a quick breakdown of my thoughts on each.

This is their third (and latest) album, released just last September (in fact, I think I remember mentioning it back when I was trying to keep up with my new release blogs). I'm really pleased with this album. So far, two singles have been released (there will surely be a third, probably a fourth at some point in the next few months), "Break" and "The Good Life." I really like both songs.

There are a couple of songs that I'm not sure I'm really feeling, but for the most part, I've really enjoyed this one. Some highlights (other than the singles I mentioned) are "Lost in You" and "Last to Know." Both exhibit the softer side of 3DG, for those of you who are only familiar with their harder side. If you're interested in their harder side, try "Bitter Taste," "No More," or "Goin' Down." All three are some of my favorites from the album. I'm really glad I picked this album up.

This is Chevelle's third album, but it was released back in 2004. This album and I sat down for a nice long chat today, and we got to know each other quite well. This album saw three singles: "Vitamin R (Leading Us Along)", "The Clincher," and "Panic Prone." I love all three of those. The rest of the album follows through with those singles, delivering some seriously solid music. "Get Some" and "Still Running" are a couple of great ones that they often play live. And then "Emotional Drought" and the acoustic "Bend the Bracket" are awesome songs. Today was the first time I really checked out this album, and I must say I thoroughly enjoyed our conversation.

That's all I've got for today. As usual, here's a song, the gorgeous, "Panic Prone" by Chevelle.


No comments:

Post a Comment