Sunday, August 30, 2009

Chevelle - Wonder What's Next

Yeah so this album isn’t exactly new, but it’s new to me! And that’s all that matters here. :) I’ve loved the song “Send the Pain Below” for ages, and I finally got around to picking up the album a couple of weeks ago. My main reason (other than loving the song of course) is because I’ve got a ticket to go see Chevelle in September! I’m super stoked about this one. They’ll be playing with Halestorm opening, so I’m trying to get caught up on their libraries before the big night.

Oddly enough, I somehow missed the other singles on this album, “The Red” and “Closure” when they first came out. I’ve been getting my fill of them lately, and I have to say that the three singles are my favorite songs on the album. They have all the qualities that attract me to a song. They have great melodies, awesome guitar riffs, and an overall good feel to them. I also like the lyrics. As an added bonus, both “Closure” and “The Red” have some interesting harmonies happening.

The rest of the album did not disappoint. I’ll admit that none of the other songs quite struck a chord with me the way those did, but I’m definitely glad I got the album. My favorite after the singles is “Forfeit.” Very good song! There’s also a great acoustic song called “One Lonely Visitor.” It’s beautiful and displays how versatile Pete Loeffler’s voice really is. Some other great songs on the album are “An Evening with El Diablo,” “Don’t Fake This,” and “Comfortable Liar.” Really, they’re all good though. Those are just my favorites. :)

That’s all for today. Here’s “Closure” for your listening pleasure. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment