Saturday, February 11, 2012

Facebook Experiment #1

As you know from my endless complaining, my current residence suffers from a severe limitation of the interwebs.  I miss free use of the interwebs.  :(

I used to be in-the-know when it came to music.  Now, I'm missing out on all the current happenings.  So, to help myself out, I thought I would narrow down my search a little bit and take advantage of the social network to expose myself (heh) to more music.  Hence, I posted a status on facebook enlisting the help of my friends.  I've heard so much about Matt and Kim, but I haven't ever actually heard their music.  I had a few recommendations tossed my way, and here are the results!

Six songs were suggested:
"Cameras"
"Yea Yeah"
"Daylight"
"Good Ol' Fashioned Nightmare"
"Block After Block"
"I'm a Goner"

It took me a few days, given my internet suckage, but I have listened to them all.  I didn't dislike a single one of them, but the stand-out favorites for me were "Cameras," "Daylight," and "I'm a Goner."  Loved them!  I immediately hopped onto iTunes and used what's left of my gift certificate to download them.  Well, I couldn't download "I'm a Goner."  Why the hell is that one not on iTunes?  Boo!  Randomly, I drained the last of my iTunes credit on Bjork... ("Army of Me" and "It's Oh So Quiet")

I wasn't in love with Matt's voice right away, but it quickly grew on me.  I loved how upbeat every one of those songs were.  It reminds me of my recent new experiences with Frank Turner.  They're the kind of songs put you in a good mood, no matter what your mental state is.  I'm going to go ahead and add that I loved their music videos. :D  I bet their live shows are great.

I say that this first round was a success!  I have discovered a new group, and while I only have a taste, that's all it takes to get you started.  I think I know who my next query will pertain to, but I'll save that for later. :)

Thank you for the help, my friends!!


2 comments:

  1. lol The song sucks, but Beavis & Butthead should totally watch this video. "YEAH! YEAH! KICK HIS ASS!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I appreciate you actually watching the vid. That's why I post them. I'm not surprised that you don't like it. :P And you're my most regular reader, so surely I don't need to get on my soap box with you about saying songs "suck."

    LOL at the B&B though. That would be sweet.

    ReplyDelete