Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Facebook Experiment #2: She & Him

I sent out yet another request to Facebook:  suggest songs by She & Him.  The response?  "I don't think you can go wrong with whatever you choose."  Ok.  And off to wikipedia, I go!

Hmm... Let's see here (you have to say that line a la Beavis (sorry, I'm not well-versed on how to type letters with accent marks).  

Search "She and Him."

Click on "Discography."  

Skim through "Singles."

Not a long list to choose from, but I went with the following three songs:
1) "Why Do You Let Me Stay Here?"
2) "In the Sun"
3) "Thieves"

I listened to all three of them with my full attention.  My verdict?  Not something that I want to run out and download.  So, I didn't.  It's not that I didn't like them.  They just didn't...click, ya know?  I love Zooey's voice.    The songs were generally very upbeat, which I usually love.  I can't really describe why they didn't do it for me.  Maybe they require more listenings.  Maybe they need to grow on me.  Maybe I'm just not meant to get into it. I say that I gave them a fair chance.  Of course, if anyone cares to suggest other songs by them to try, I will be more than happy to.  

So my adventures with She & Him didn't pan out.  That's okay.  I still managed to snag a new song since the last post.  It came up in conversation, I listened to it, and I really liked it.  It is now tucked away in my iTunes library. 

Here's "Afraid" by Bad Veins.


No comments:

Post a Comment