Saturday, February 18, 2012

Why am I so weird?

Why do I obsess over my play counts on iTunes?  It's stupid.  It's not stupid that you can display, it's just stupid that I bother so much with them.  Do they really matter?  No.  They're not even all that accurate.  All those times that I play songs over and over again in my truck?  That's on a CD, so that doesn't count.  Or what about those years before I had iTunes and used Rhapsody?  If there was some way to get an accurate count of how many times I've listened to my favorite song of all time, it would probably be in the hundreds.  So why does it matter that another song that I also love is overtaking its title as "Most Played" on my iTunes.

IT DOESN'T MATTER, KIM.  Man, I'm weird...

I'm always worried that someone is going to go through my Top 25 Most Played in my iTunes library and make some sort of assumptions about me.  What kind of assumptions?  I dunno.  Just assumptions.  FALSE assumptions.  I have no idea what kind of false assumptions can be made from my Most Played list.  There's nothing "embarrassing" on there.  This is why Kim is a freak (well, one of the reasons, anyway).

I'm still working on the next installment of the Facebook Experiment.  BTW, I'm not liking the title "Facebook Experiment."  What's so experimental about it?  I'm not testing anything out.  Maybe "project" would be a better word.  Nah, I don't like that either.  Anywho, apparently no one on my friends list is passionate enough about The Airborne Toxic Event to know many songs by them.  That, or the ones that are just haven't seen the post.  I suppose there is always the possibility that no one gives a shit, but I've found that with music lovers, they're always very eager to spread the word, so I don't think that's really the case.  I may have to investigate TATE on my own.

That doesn't mean that I haven't digested any new music lately.  I tracked down two more songs just last night. I am thoroughly enjoying them.  First is "Burn It Down" by AWOLNATION.  I only knew one song by him, and that's "Sail," which I consider to be one of the sexiest songs ever written.  Musically, not lyrically, mind you.  The second is "Jeremiah" by Italian Japanese.  That's another band that I previously only knew one song by.  I really like it.  I like how it steadily adds layers on.  I tend to like songs like that (see TATE's "Sometime Around Midnight" and Hoobastank's "First of Me").

Which song shall I share tonight?  I suppose I'll opt for "Burn It Down."

No comments:

Post a Comment