Friday, September 17, 2010

Ep. 15: Kim Loves the Smashing Pumpkins

Stats
Formed: 1988 (breakup 2000-2006)
Albums: 8 (8th is ongoing)
Breakout Single: "Cherub Rock," 1993
Seen live? Yup! Though not with the original lineup...

I freakin' love these guys. One of the best things about them is their (and by "their" I mostly mean "Billy's") ability to conjure a "signature sound" and stick to it, while managing to manipulate that sound and create something unique with each piece. That's not an easy task.

This band could be my number 3 band. That's still not definite though. While I'm intimately familiar with songs throughout their catalog, there are still many that I have yet to dive into. These guys are up there though. Seeing them live was sublime (even though only Billy remains).

How do I choose a song to post here? There are so many I love. Hmmm..."Eye" or "Perfect"...Let's go with "Perfect," from their fourth album, Adore.



1 comment: