Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Ep. 13: Kim Loves Radiohead

Stats
Formed: 1985
Albums: 7
Breakout Single: "Creep," 1992
Seen live? No :(

This is actually a new-found love of mine. I still haven't made my way through all of their albums, but I've yet to come across something I don't like. Plus, if you'll remember, their third album, OK Computer, is on my 5 Deserted Island CDs list. I love that album.

There's really not much to say here. They're one of the biggest, most well-known bands in the world for a reason. Like most bands, they've changed with time. They've long since parted ways with the sound of their first album, Pablo Honey. They're in the studio now, recording album #8. Will I nab it when it's out? Probably.

This is old Radiohead, but this is one of my favorite music videos, ever. And Radiohead still won't tell what the man said at the end. I think it has something to do with the repeated line, "We do it to ourselves." I think maybe the man realized that everything in the world, everything that's bad, we all brought on ourselves. We have no one to blame but us. So maybe if we just give up, and stop doing anything, then maybe the world will be a better place. Or maybe he said that if you lie down like this, you can see Thom Yorke up on the balcony. Who knows? Here's "Just."

And dammit, it's another video that's disabled. Do me a favor, and go watch it will ya? It's a great one.

No comments:

Post a Comment