Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Ep. 12: Kim Loves Paramore

Paramore

Stats
Formed: 2004
Albums: 3
Breakout Single: "Misery Business," 2007
Seen live? Nope. They came to town in April, but I saw Three Days Grace instead...

Another pop rock band, eh? Can't help it. I love'em. Yeah, Hayley is fun to sing along with in the car, but I really love the sound, too. Even though they are a young band (plus, though they formed in 2004, they were able to release their first album as soon as 2005), you can definitely hear progress from album to album.

Somehow, I had never heard of them until a friend of mine bought Riot! (second album). I didn't listen to it, but he said that the album was great and that I really needed to check it out. I went home, and noticed that "crushcrushcrush" was available on Rock Band, downloaded it, and fell in love. Then I listened to the rest of the album and loved it, too.

Here's "Brick by Boring Brick" from the new album, Brand New Eyes. I think the song and the video are both beautiful. It's about the people who see only what they want to see so that they won't have to face what's actually there. Good stuff.

Aaaaaaand I just realized that the record label has disabled any embedding of the vid, so if you're curious, you'll have to actually go to youtube to watch it. Anywho, here's the song.





No comments:

Post a Comment