Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Shiney New Toy

Yesterday, I sat down and wrote almost an entire post, and then said screw it and deleted it all. Sometimes I really struggle with this. I'm not a writer. That, I can deal with. Hell, it's not like many people read this. But the topic I had on the docket for yesterday required a bit more translation than I could muster. I have all these thoughts in my head, but sometimes I just can't find the right words to convey what I'm thinking. So in my frustration, I scrapped it all. In case you're wondering, the blog was going to be about Green Day, how they've changed, and where I stand with them now. Blarg...

Today's topic is a little easier for my meager skills. I finally got an iPod today. I had previously used a 2GB Insignia. Let me tell ya...two gigs is not a lot, not when you're a music freak like me. It held about 320-330 songs, which is certainly not enough for my purposes. As soon as I got my shiney new (blue) 16GB iPod Nano going, I went down the list clicking on all the songs that were must haves. I have 887 songs on it, and still 10GB free! Oh, the possibilities.

One of my projects for me and Mr. iPod will be getting to know my albums a little better. Right now, when I get a new album, I pop it into the CD player in my truck and listen while I drive. For some reason, I just can't focus as much on new music when I'm sitting around my apartment. But now, I'll be able to throw an entire album on my iPod and loop it to my heart's content. There may be hope for me and my library just yet.

I know all this probably isn't exciting for anyone else, but I'm as giddy as a school girl about this. That's all I've got for today. Here's a song!


No comments:

Post a Comment