Friday, January 27, 2012

Happy Happy Joy Joy!

First, the small news, then the big, K?

I bought another album!  It's my second album of 2012!  Aaaand, it's more J-Pop.  In the last update, it was Yui's Holidays in the Sun.  This time, it's Regeneration by Chemistry:


The song that piqued my curiosity was "Period."  I absolutely love that song.  When I listen to it, I feel like anything is possible.  It did give me misconceptions about the album though.  "Period" is pop-rock.  While still bearing the trademark catchiness of pop, there is a significant guitar presence throughout the song.  It's the only song like that on the album.  However, that ends up not being a bad thing.  I'm incredibly picky when it comes to pop music, but I love this album!  I think I might actually love it just a little bit more than the more laid-back Yui album.  The electronic dance beats that permeate Regeneration are infectious and resound in your head all day.  If you're into it, check out "Go Alone," "Dawn," and "Life Goes On."

Anyway, enough of that, moving on!! BIG NEWS!
....
....
....
....

KIM'S GOING TO A GIG!!   ~*mwee*~

It's all kind of happened pretty fast, but I am going to see Frank Turner in St. Louis on February 21st!! Who is Frank Turner, you ask?  Yeah, I had to ask that, too...  Here's the story:

Remember that superbly awesome Muse concert I attended in Raleigh back in 2010?  I met some great people there that I have still kept in touch with.  Several friendships were formed that night, and more than a few Muser meet-ups have taken place in its wake.  But poor little Kim went and moved to the other end of the state, so she's pretty far removed from her music buddies.  Then, I learned that my friend M (who lives aaaaall the way in Florida) will be trekking west for this show with another Muser, C.  St. Louis is only about four hours from here, which is a completely reasonable drive for someone used to making a six-hour drive on a regular basis.  Four hours is considerably more manageable than the umpteen it would take to get to Florida, and she said she'd have some downtime that day, so thus the plan for the trip came into being.  Then, it didn't take much to sell me on the show.  In fact, I bought the ticket before I even listened to a single note from Frank Turner's guitar.  I've since given him a listen though, and I must say that I love it!  This show is going to be GREAT!  I get to go to my first gig in over a year, and I get to hang out with two awesome people all day!  I was so happy, I cried.  I am not exaggerating.  This is the first thing I've had to look forward to in so long.  I already know that this trip is going to be amazing.

So that's my news!  Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go listen to Frank Turner some more and marinate in my happiness.

(I love the lyrics to this song!)


No comments:

Post a Comment