Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Ep. 17: Kim Loves Weezer

Weezer

Stats
Formed: 1992
Albums: 8
Breakout Single: "Undone-The Sweater Song," 1994
Seen live? No :(

Weezer once solidly occupied the #3 position on my list of favorite bands. Their latest antics have knocked them down a bit. Don't get me wrong, I still love them, and I commend them for writing what they want to write. It's just to me, while I like some of it, it just doesn't have that same charm that previous albums had. I highly doubt that they will ever be knocked from my faves list though. Too many good memories here.

The first song I heard by these boys was the aforementioned breakout single. Oddly enough, I heard it almost 10 years after the fact. Strange, eh? I've told you before though...I haven't always been as musically aware as I am now.

Many Weezer fans are losing interest in them, due to their new "pop" image. I don't really care. I read an interesting article just the other day though...one fan in particular is trying to raise $10 million for them. Why? He wants to pay them to break up. Last I heard, he hadn't even raised $300 for his cause. After hearing about it, drummer Pat Wilson said that if the fan made it $20 million, they'd take the "deluxe" break-up package.

I don't think I have to tell you that the fact that fans are demanding they break up just because they're not writing music that they want to hear anymore grates on my nerves, stomping all over my biggest musical pet peeve. But whatever...

Here's one of my faves, "Perfect Situation," from their fifth album. Recognize the girl starring in the music video? None other than Elisha Cuthbert, a.k.a. Kim Bauer!



No comments:

Post a Comment