Thursday, February 14, 2013

I'm not gonna write you a love song.....but I will share a few.

Maybe it's just because I've recently posted, and I still have the "write the blaggles" bug, but I thought that I would stop in and celebrate a little Valentine's Day by sharing some most excellent love songs. 


I can't put them in order because I have a lot of love for all of them, so I figured I would just alphabetize them (as I do with everything...). 


1.  "The Fastest Way Back Home" - Frank Turner

Darling, oh my darling, you know that everything that I do
Is to try to make me good enough for you



2.  "Forever" - Breaking Benjamin

This song is unlike any others that BB has ever written.  It's a gem from the first album that I otherwise wasn't really into.  It's a little bit of a dark topic, with this feeling of "well, I can't live without you, so let's just die together," but it's still a lovely song.



3.  "Love Song" - 311

Originally by The Cure, I have a particular fondness for this cover.  Not that I don't like the original, and I do have some Cure floating around my library.  I guess it's just that 311 is more my style. 



4.  "Something About Us" - Daft Punk

It might not be the right time
I might not be the right one
But there's something about us
I've got to say
Yeah, there's something between us anyway



5.  "Unintended" - Muse  (of course there's a Muse song.  There's always a friggin' Muse song)

You could be my unintended
Choice to live my life extended
You could be the one I'll always love

No comments:

Post a Comment