Sunday, December 26, 2010

Kim's Best of 2010!

After much thought and debate, the results are in! Mind you, these are heavily biased. Hence why they're KIM's Best of 2010. If I didn't listen to it or didn't like it, then it won't be found here. This is purely a compilation of my favorites in 2010. Also, only those released between November 2009 and October 2010 are eligible, my reason being that songs/albums released at the end of the year don't really get the chance to make an impact in that couple of months.

Kim's Top 20 Singles of 2010
20. "Here We Are Juggernaut" - Coheed and Cambria
19. "The Good Life" - Three Days Grace
18. "Sing" - My Chemical Romance
17. "Familiar Taste of Poison" - Halestorm
16. "Give Me a Sign" - Breaking Benjamin
15. "Tighten Up" - The Black Keys
14. "This Is War" - 30 Seconds to Mars
13. "Shoot It Out" - 10 Years
12. "Impossible" - Anberlin
11. "My Best Theory" - Jimmy Eat World
10. "Shameful Metaphors" - Chevelle
9. "White Flag Warriors" - Flobots
8. "WTF" - OK Go
7. "I'm Alive" - Story of the Year
6. "Odd One" - Sick Puppies
5. "Alone With Nothing" - Smile Empty Soul
4. "Brick by Boring Brick" - Paramore
3. "Fader" - The Temper Trap
2. "Undisclosed Desires" - Muse
1. "Waiting for the End" - Linkin Park

I bet you thought I would make Muse #1, eh? Almost, but not quite. I prefer Muse over Linkin Park easily, but I'm having an affair with "Waiting for the End." Also, MCR's "Sing" breaks my cut-off rule of October 2010 by about a week. But it's my list, my rules. And already, I've spent the past month or so listening to that song a great deal. So I would say it has left its mark on me already.

Kim's Top 3 Albums of 2010

3. Feeding the Wolves - 10 Years
2. This Is War - 30 Seconds to Mars
1. A Thousand Suns - Linkin Park

Of course, as time wears on, I'm sure I'll be getting around to more albums that we released in that time frame, but for now, those are the 3 that made the year for me.

Favorite Music Video

The Black Keys - "Tighten Up"

If you watch it, you'll understand. Great song with a great video.

Favorite New Band

The Few/Oh No Fiasco!

Not a tie. Those bands are one and the same. Due to trademarking issues, The Few very recently had to change their name, and they chose Oh No Fiasco!. Haven't heard of them? Not surprised. They are a local band, homegrown in Knoxville. I've seen them live, downloaded their music from iTunes, and I'm definitely into them. I hope they have a successful future ahead of them!

Favorite Concert

Muse in Raleigh, NC 10/26

I really hope you didn't expect me to give that award to anyone else. ;)

And that's that! Kim's 2010 favorites!!

No comments:

Post a Comment