Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Just a little concert action...

Ok, so let's change the status of the blog from "daily" to "when I bloody well feel like it." Ha! Though I've gone a few months without posting certainly doesn't mean that my obsession has slowed down in any way.

To catch you up on all of my music news since the last post would be pointless, so let's skip straight to the present, shall we?

Caught a show last week. Headliner was Theory of a Deadman with Halestorm, Adelitas Way, and Taking Dawn opening. Now, for the rundown!

Taking Dawn was energetic, but really, just not my style of music. That definitely doesn't mean that they were painful to listen to. I liked them alright, I guess. I can't picture myself buying their album though.

Adelitas Way took the stage next. This was my third time seeing them, and I think it gets a little better for me every time. The first time I saw them, they were opening for 10 Years and had their debut album on the way, and I believe they hadn't even released their first single to rock radio yet. I liked them. Thought I'd look some into them a bit. Then their first single hit the local radio station, and I was able to see them again. Liked them even more. This third time sealed the deal though. Ordered their debut album, and it's on its way to my mailbox as we speak (or maybe it's there already...haven't checked today...). Check out their new single, "Last Stand!"



After AW, Halestorm rocked my world...yet again. It was my third time for them also. I think I've been in love with them since the first time I heard "I Get Off" on the radio. They could quite possibly be my favorite new band. Their whole album is amazing. Anyway, their shows are pretty similar, but somehow I don't get tired of it. They have a lot of energy on the stage, and Lzzy Hale's voice is JUST as amazing as it sounds on the album. If you get the chance to see them, I highly recommend taking it. They've also got a new single out. "It's Not You." Go give it a listen!

Ah, Theory of a Deadman. I liked them alright before. Only knew maybe 4 songs by them, and only really loved one of those. I had bought my ticket pretty much just to see Adelitas Way and Halestorm again. But I've always said that live is the best spice for music. Tyler Connoly's voice lacked a little something live, and I'm not sure if that's because he was having a rough night or because he's just not as good live. Either way, they still put on a great show despite that. Hearing their songs live and being introduced to the rest of their material shed a new light on them for me. I'll definitely be picking up their newest album, Scars and Souvenirs. They've released more singles than is usual off of that album, and they've got a new one out, too. "Little Smirk." Check it out!

Cage the Elephant is coming to town soon. I would love to go see them, especially since I missed them the last time they came through Knoxville. I really don't think my funds are gonna let me go though. I've got a trip to Atlanta coming up in April to go see A Day to Remember with some friends. Not a band that I know a lot about, but they were going, and it sounded like fun. Plus, I spent a small chunk on what could be the event of the year for me...

March 15th, 2010.

Nashville, TN.

Muse. In. Concert.

And I have a TICKET.

No comments:

Post a Comment